The Device Search app only searches email that is in the Hub. You can read the Help from Hub to learn how to add email accounts to the Hub
Try the following:
• Check that airplane mode is turned off. Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger. Tap > More. Check that the Airplane mode switch is turned off.
• Try switching to another mobile network. Please see Switch mobile networks manually.
• Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly in your device. Please see Insert the SIM card.
Start by checking the following:
• Verify that Wi-Fi option is turned on. Swipe down from the top of the screen once by using two fingers, or twice using one finger. Tap > Wi-Fi.
• Try turning airplane mode on and off. Check “Turn on airplane mode”.
• Check that your password for Wi-Fi network is correct.
• Turn off your device, then turn it on again.
• Delete the information used to connect to Wi-Fi network, then try to connect again.
• Verify if the mobile hotspot mode is turned off. If mobile hotspot mode is on, your device can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network. Swipe down from the top of the screen once by using two fingers, or twice using one finger. Tap > More > Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
• Unplug your modem or router for 15 seconds, then plug it in again.
• Try connecting your device to another Wi-Fi network at another location. If you can connect to another Wi-Fi network, the problem might be specific to the Wi-Fi network at the original location.
Try more advanced troubleshooting options:
• Try choosing a different authentication type. Swipe down from the top of the screen once by using two fingers, or twice using one finger. Tap > Wi-Fi. Touch and hold Wi-Fi network, then tap Modify network.
• Check if the time on your device is correct and synchronized with the network time.
If the times are different between your phone and network, it could cause a network connect failure problem since the certificate has an expiration date, for example, connecting to a network might require that you have a certificate on your device, and the certificate has an expiration date.
• If you use your device for business, your organization might prevent connections to certain wireless access points. For more information, you need to contact your administrator.
• If you still can’t connect to WI-FI, you can contact your Internet service provider for help.
• Please make sure to turn on the Bluetooth function if you want to connect to another device through Bluetooth
• To scan again for the nearby Bluetooth enabled devices. Go to tap > Refresh on the Bluetooth screen.
• If your Bluetooth enabled device requires a passkey and you don’t know what it is, try 0000 or 1234, or check the documentation which came with your Bluetooth enabled device.
• If Bluetooth enabled device uses a battery, connect your device to a power source and then try again. If the battery power level is too low, your device might be unable to pair with another device.
• Check that your device is compatible with the Bluetooth enabled device. For more information, see the documentation that came with the Bluetooth enabled device.
• If your mobile hotspot mode is turned on, verify that the device that you want to connect to by using the Hands-Free, Serial Port, or Personal Area Network profile.
Please make sure your system is up to date. You can check it through the application Updates. If you are still having the issue, please leave a message through Contact Us. We will come back to you for further support within 24 hours.
• Check if your car kit is using the latest software version. For more information about your car kit’s software version, see the documentation that came with your car kit.
• Move your device to another location in your vehicle or turn your device to face another direction. The location of your device’s antenna in relation to your car kit’s Bluetooth antenna may affect the Bluetooth connection.
Please make sure your system is up to date. You can check it through the application Updates. If you are still having the issue, please leave a message through Contact Us . We will come back to you for further support within 24 hours.
• Check if your device is connected to the mobile network.
• Check if data services are turned on. In order to view additional Settings, swipe down from the top of the screen once by using two fingers, or twice using one finger > Data usage.
• Check if your wireless service plan is set up to use Internet tethering.
• If your wireless service plan supports Internet tethering while roaming, check that data roaming is turned on. In order to view additional Settings, swipe down from the top of the screen once by using two fingers, or twice using one finger. Tap > More > Cellular networks.
Confirm the Data services while roaming setting is set to Prompt or On option.
• If you use your device for work, your organization might not allow Internet tethering. For more information, check with your administrator.
• Check if your device connected to the mobile network.
• Check if your wireless service plan is set up to use the mobile hotspot feature. If not, you must change your wireless service plan before mobile hotspot can work on your device.
• Your service provider might not allow your device to use the mobile hotspot feature while roaming. For more information, check your wireless service plan or contact your service provider.
• If you’re using your device for business, your organization might not allow the use of the mobile hotspot feature. For more information, check with your administrator.
• If you set up a mobile hotspot on your phone, you must enter the mobile hotspot password on the device that is trying to connect to your mobile hotspot.
• To find your password,on your BlackBerry device. In order to view additional Settings, swipe down from the top of the screen once by using two fingers, or twice using one finger. Tap > More > Tethering & Mobile Hotspot, then tap Set up Mobile Hotspot. Tap the Show password checkbox.
For security reasons, the only way that you can reset your screen lock without knowing the password, PIN, or pattern is to delete all of your device data and set up the device again.
You can typically do this by entering your password, PIN, or pattern incorrectly ten times. Or, if you have a remote device management app installed on your device, such as the Android™ Device Manager, you can log in to the website and delete your device data.
If you add your Google™ account to your device, the factory reset protection feature may turn on. To set up your device again, you must add the same Google™ account. If you don’t use the same Google™ account, you can’t complete the setup process.
Smart Lock doesn’t unlock my device as expected
Try following steps;
• If your device doesn’t unlock when you scan your face, try to improve the image Smart Lock uses to recognize your face.
Tap > Security > Smart Lock > Trusted face > Improve face matching.
• Adjust the distance between your BlackBerry device and a trusted Bluetooth enabled device.
• Bluetooth connection can vary depending on your BlackBerry device model and the Bluetooth enabled device.
•Usually, your device should remain unlocked while you’re in a trusted location. But if your device gets unlocked while being near a trusted location; try to improve the accuracy of the trusted location. Delete the trusted location. Tap > Location > Mode. Tap High accuracy or Battery saving, then add the trusted location again. Your device might detect a trusted location outside of the physical walls of a building, such as your house. Smart Lock might keep your device unlocked when it is within an 80-meter radius of a trusted location.
• You might need to unlock your device by using your screen lock the first time you connect to a trusted device or arrive at a trusted location.
• Restart your phone by pressing and holding the Power key for more than 10s.
• Check if your screen is locked when you don’t use your phone, and make sure the Power key hasn’t been pressed accidentally while trying to unlock the screen.
• Check the battery charge level.
• Make sure you are using the BlackBerry charger included in the box.
• Make sure that your battery isn’t discharged completely; if the battery power is drained for a long time, it may take around 20 minutes to display the battery charger indicator on the screen.
• Make sure charging is carried out under normal conditions (0°C to +40°C).
• When abroad, check that the voltage input is compatible.
• Try connecting in another location.
• Verify the network coverage with your operator.
• Check with your operator that your SIM card is valid.
• Try selecting the available network(s) manually.
• Try connecting at a later time if the network is overloaded.
• Check if the IMEI number on your phone is same as the one printed on your warranty card or box. Press *#06# on call interface.
• Make sure that the internet access service of your SIM card is available.
• Check your phone’s Internet connecting settings.
• Make sure you phone is in a place with network coverage.
• Try connecting at a later time or another location.
• Make sure the SIM card has been inserted correctly
• Make sure the chip on your SIM card isn’t damaged or scratched.
• Make sure the service of your SIM card is available.
• Make sure you have dialed a valid number and have touched.
• For international calls, check the country and area codes.
• Make sure your phone is connected to a network, and the network isn’t overloaded or unavailable.
• Check your subscription status with your operator (credit, SIM card valid, etc.).
• Make sure your phone hasn’t barred outgoing calls.
• Make sure that your phone isn’t in flight mode.
• Make sure your phone is switched on and connected to a network (check for overloaded or unavailable network).
• Check your subscription status with your operator (credit, SIM card valid, etc.)
• Make sure your phone hasn’t forwarded incoming calls.
• Make sure that your phone hasn’t barred certain calls.
• Make sure that your phone isn’t in flight mode.
• Check that you have subscribed to this service with your operator.
• Your caller has concealed his/her name or number.
• Make sure your SIM card isn’t broken.
• Make sure your SIM card is inserted properly.
• Import all contacts stored in SIM card to phone.
• You can adjust the volume during a call by pressing the Volume Up/Down key.
• Check the network strength.
• Make sure that the receiver, connector or speaker on your phone is clean.
I don’t hear when somebody calls/message me, I just see missed calls/messages notifications on display.
• Please check if Interruptions/Do not disturb mode is activated on your device. If it is activated, the icon will display on the notification panel.
• In this case, you need to deactivate Interruptions/ Do not disturb mode.
• To do it just press volume up or down key and select “End now” or modify it in Settings à>Sound & notifications>Do not disturb or In order to view additional Settings, swipe down from the top of the screen once by using two fingers, or twice using one finger, then tap “Alarms only
After Factory reset is performed my device asks to enter Google account credentials and I can't use it avoiding this action.
• After Factory reset is performed, you need to enter the original Google account credentials used on this device before the Factory data reset. Otherwise you will not be able to use the device.
• If you don’t remember your Google account credentials, please complete Google account recovery procedure. In case you don’t succeed in it, please contact your authorized repair center, but remember that it will not be regarded as warranty case.
My device asks me to enter some password/code/key that I don't remember or don't know due to this device having been used by another person before and I can't get this password/code/key from him/her.
• Password/code/key request could be caused by same security feature activated on this device.
• You can try to perform Factory data reset, but remember that if it doesn’t help, you need to contact your authorized repair center and it will not be regarded as warranty case.
• Make sure you have recorded the number in your file correctly.
• Make sure if you have selected the country prefix when calling a foreign country.
• Make sure that your SIM card contacts are not full; Delete some files or save the files in the phone contacts (i.e. your professional or personal directories).
• Check your phone memory availability as it might be full.
• Contact your network operator to check service availability and check MMS parameters.
• Verify the server center number or your MMS profile with your operator.
• If the server center hasn’t answered your call, the server center may be busy at that time, try to call them again later.
• Contact your network operator to obtain the PUK code (Personal Unblocking Key).
• Make sure there’s sufficient phone memory for your download files.
• Check your subscription status with your operator.
• Contact your network operator to check service availability.
• Make sure your operator’s voicemail number is entered in “Voicemail number” correctly.
• Try later if the network is busy.
• Make sure you follow the complete charge time (minimum 3 hours).
• After a partial charge, the battery level indicator may not be exact. Wait for at least 20 minutes after removing the charger to obtain an exact indication.
• Adjust the brightness of screen to appropriate level.
• Extend the email auto-check interval for as long as possible.
• Update news and weather information on manual demand, or increase their auto-check interval.
• Exit background-running applications if they are not being used for a long time.
• Deactivate Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or GPS when not in use.
The phone will become warm following prolonged calls, game playing, internet surfing or running other complex applications.
• This heating is a normal consequence of the CPU handling excessive data. Ending above actions will make your phone return to normal temperatures.